Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

Hello and welcome to a new segment I like to call “What’s for dinner Sunday.”  It’s chicken tonight.  I just grilled up the last of that Apple Cider marinated chicken.  I made a fresh romaine ceasar salad and put the chicken breast on top of it.  Delish!  A few people were wondering about my Apple Cider marinade.  To be honest, I stand at the spices, grab what looks good and go to the fridge and do the same then throw a combination of ingredients in the bag.  A popular one around here that I do during the summer is cajun seasoning, garlic, lime juice and pancake syrup.  Weird right? Yes, but also tasty!  Well I would have done that marinade but I was out of lime juice and couldn’t spot the syrup in the fridge..  So, instead I just used some apple cider I had left over, some whole black peppercorns, a teeeeny bit of smoked paprika and a pinch of salt.  It’s pretty fantastic.  I like marinades because they are so limitless.  Depending on the type of meat you begin with, the possibilities are endless.  Every time I marinade it’s a sort of experiment.  So far, so good.  Experiment in the kitchen!  It’s fun!

P1090034

 

Also, while I’ve got your attention..  I’d like to show you a second picture I took yesterday.  Brad edited it for me, as my editing skills are non-existent.  He somehow sucked all the color out of the picture except for the John Deere yellow and green.  : )  I approve.

JD Color Edit

 

 

--Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen, that salad looks yummo! I've notied your quite the cook! I'm more of a baker, but wowzers you sure know how to make my tummy rumble! ;0) Love the John Deer photo too! My sister, Jamie is a HUGE John Deer fanatic!

    ReplyDelete