Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome to Graceland





Well, I guess now is better than ever to introduce myself. I'm Jen. There's not much to me. I like simplicity. I work for the local intermediate school district. I work with children whom have Autism Spectrum Disorder or ASD, find more information on ASD here. I love my job, it's never the same day twice. I have a few pets. Brittney, Wrigley and Torque. Brad and I act like they are our children. They are SO spoiled. Oh, who's Brad you ask? He's The Boyfriend; capital T, capital B.


He and I have been dating for over three years now. He is an engineering student and practically a computer genius. Not to mention just as much a perfectionist as I. We are learning to be handy together as we make this house our own. And, I'll admit it. We are not married. Yes, we live together in sin. Shun shun, I'm okay with it. I don't know how I could commit my life to someone, then move in together [post-marriage] and find out that all his little habits drive me abbbbbbbsolutely bonkers. Luckily for him, he's pretty low on annoying habits. :) Regardless if we are doing things out of order, it's working--and that works for me. Now, you may say, "What do your parents think!?" I think they've accepted that they raised their daughter to be highly independent and strong willed enough to make her own responsible choices. They support me in most, if not all, of the things I choose to do. My parents, "Bear & Cricket" are two unique people. They have been happily married for going on 28 years and they still like each other! They are the best neighbors anyone could have. Yep, that's right--neighbors. Less than 500 feet from my back door is their back door, to the south. Is it awkward? Strange? Bewildering? Not to me. I think our mutual appreciation for each other helps. They own a small horse farm and often travel on the weekends. Guess who will feed their animals if available? That's right, me. After all sometimes reliable help is hard to come by. And if Brad and I decide to be spontaneous and go somewhere, I never have to worry because 'the parentals' will take care of the 'grand dogs'. We often have dinner either here or there. Really, I believe my family is exceptionally close-knit, and the value we all put into our relationship is what makes it so sustainable. Thanks Mom and Dad! Love you guys.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, your parents are so lucky to have you close by to feed the animals. We are having a hard time finding someone to hold down the fort when we go away. I think your blog is off to a great start. I love looking back through mine at all the things I forgot even happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog---your mom hooked me up today. I think it is great that you live next to your parents. You are blessings to each other.

    You are reminding me that I haven't written on my old blog in a while :-0

    (this is your mom's friend Laura)

    ReplyDelete